Thursday, October 23, 2008

Surf Mobile Reserved!

Finally got the international calling figured out! Only $1.99 a minute for me to call the states from NZ!! Wow... Texting will be the way to go for sure, it's only $.05 for me to receive and $.50 to send. That or email, because since I've decided to bring the laptop, it'll be free.

Anyway, got the car switched to the economy wagon, after some attempts at negotiating the price down with the heavy accented rental car dude. I failed miserably, but kinda thought I would so not a big deal.
That's the Surf-moblie!! Looks like a weird Saab-ish version of the Golf. Obviously not as sweet though...

The Oregon Surf Shop got all of my gear in last week at once which is awesome, I'll post pics of my packing attempts soon. Otherwise it's pretty much just waiting, 10 days. Haven't heard from Stu in over a week, but Zac said that he is getting epic waves at shipwrecks still. I haven't surfed since the last post, the knee's still hurting a little, and I figure it'll be better in the long run to save it for NZ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get ready to learn how to drive on the other side of the street and the other side of the car!
Hannah

Anonymous said...

make sure to swing by oceanside and pick Sam, Chels, and I up on the way. Shaka